Privacy and Confidentiality
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; apply for services; respond to a customer questionnaire; and through the use of cookie technology. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates.
- A cookie is a data file that sits on your computer hard disk. The cookie is placed there by a remote web server that you have visited using a browser like Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer. It is used to uniquely identify you during web interactions with a website and contains data parameters that allow the remote server to keep a record of who you are, and what actions you take at the web site. You have the option to disable the cookie function in your browser, but will be restricted from accessing many sites as a result.
Use of Personal Data
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases; solicit your feedback. However, Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of the same nature or you can contact our customer services representatives to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information, at 021-300-1980.
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
- Any information Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
Public Space (Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Third-Party Sites)
- Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any other site, is available to anyone else who visits that space. Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd will not enter into a service contracts with minors unless such minors has explicit written consent from a parent or guardian to do so.
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
Reservation of Rights
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith; to do so by law; or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
- Opticnetworks (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for security purposes and to prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.